Thursday, June 30, 2011

Transgender Freedom Tour

It's called the Kansas Fourth of July Weekend Trans-Tour. What it really is, is a transgender freedom tour.

The idea came out of a part of my brain that continuously searches for the next month's column for Liberty Press. When thiat idea ran into the realization that I had three days off, the notion of the tour was born. When the notion of the tour ran through the passion to make things better for transgender Kansans, there was no turning back.

And so, tomorrow morning I will set off with my friend, Chris, and we will drive 1500 miles, visit over 30 Kansas cities, and maybe make a difference.

The details of the tour are in place and can be found at www.k-step.org.

At 9:00 this morning, I will be talking with Maria Fisher of Kansas City's Associated Press office. At 6:00 this evening, I will be interviewed by Christopher Renner of Community Bridge, a radio show out of Manhattan.

We have yet to begin and people are reaching out, who have not known how to before this all started.

Previously unknown transgender friends have sent wishes for success from North Carolina, to Wisconsin, to Houston. I have no idea how things will unfold, but I am secure in the knowledge that we are making a difference.

It is indeed a freedom tour. Come along with us.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you, my dear friend! And I cannot wait to follow your tour and see what marvelous things God has in store for a woman who follows His will with such wild abandon and child-like faith!

    ReplyDelete